- A variety of techniques for data cleaning, transformation, and exploration
- Chaining of preprocessing operators into a flow graph (operator tree)
- Handling of large volumes of data (since data sets are not stored in the computer memory)
- Stand alone tool independent of any other tools
- User friendly graphical user interface
DataPreparator can assist you with exploring and preparing data in various ways prior to data analysis or data mining. It includes operators for cleaning, discretization, numeration, scaling, attribute selection, missing values, outliers, statistics, visualization, balancing, sampling, row selection, and several other tasks. See Features for details.
DataPreparator is written in Java and requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed on your machine. You need JRE 1.6 or later. If you don't have correct version installed, you can download it from http://www.java.com. DataPreparator runs on Windows, Mac OS/X, and Linux operating systems.